Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oh What A Night!!!

This is the most unbelievable night of online poker I have ever played. First, to build a little confidence I went to online poker school and played 2 sit & go’s. I finished 2nd in both of them. One of the sit & go’s lasted for over an hour. It was a great game to play in and watch. There was some real poker being played. Since I started the message board I was hoping to start an online league. So I went to Full Contact Poker and put another $50.00 in my account. The kids were running around and making a bunch of noise so as I was signing on and I accidentally signed up for a limit sit & go again! I hate limit Holdem. Anyway I told myself that when I put this money in I was always playing to win. So in Limit Holdem you have to wait, and wait. I did just that, and I won!! To be honest I was proud of myself. There were a few hands late in the game that I had a good hand but a bad feeling, so I folded only to watch some other poor chump take a beating by a monster hand. So it was around 9:00 and the kids just went to bed so it was quiet and I figured I would play just one more game. Have you noticed that when you are looking for a table the games just jump from the open games down to the running games? Well that was what was happing to me; I didn’t want to sign on another limit game. So I saw a no limit game with 6 players so I sign up and I had to wait for 10 minutes for 3 more players to sign up. I thought that was kind of strange, I mean at this time a night you have to be fast to get on a table. Well the game started and I was playing very tight. 3rd hand I pick up Ace King of hearts, I’m in early position so I raise to 100 and then the button re-raises me to 500, I was going to fold, but I was hoping for a good flop so I called. Flop comes King, six, 10, with 2 hearts. I bet the pot and the guy goes all in. I’m pot committed, so I call. He has king queen and I double up. So I’m feeling good, I kept playing tight and held the chip lead and building my stack to about 5000 chips. Here was the funny thing. We were playing for 50 minutes and no one was knocked out! Even the short stack still had over 1000 chips. The blinds were up to 200 & 400 and everyone was still in the game. I mean these guys were good. So then there was this huge hand. I get Ace Jack, 3 players fold to me so I raise to 1200, I get 2 callers and the button goes all in. I have everyone covered, but my A J didn’t look so good so I fold. The other 2 go all in. Cards flip up. Player 1 has pocket 9’s, player 2 has pocket 10’s. The guy who started all has King Jack. A jack on the turn and he knocks out the first 2 players. That drove me crazy because I folded the best hand. I would have knocked out 3 players and had a huge chip lead. Instead I lost the chip lead. The game had been running for an hour and 10 minutes and were still had 8 players. I knocked out 3 players and got the chip lead back with 6500 chips. Then everyone tightened up. So I went to work, I was stealing pots. Then I pick up queen’s I go all in and the short stack called with Ace King. My queens held up and we were down to 4. The one guy Dan had 400 chips left and has hanging on by a thread. Then I get into a few huge hands with this one guy. We were trading chips back and forth 3000 at a time. One of the other guys typed in, “You guys Love playing each other.” Then I pick up Ace 10 of spades. I raise and one guy calls. The flop hits with 2 spades and he goes all in. It only was 2000 more, so I call. He’s on a king high flush draw. The river was a spade and I have 12,000 in chips. We make the money round, Dan still hanging with 1,000 in chips, the guy I was doing battle with had 2,000. Dan goes all in, the other guy calls Dan wins and now the other guy is crippled. The very next hand Dan takes out the other guy and we start heads up. I think I had 11,000 and he has 4,000. I want this game. I’ve been playing for almost 2 hours now and I should win. 30 minutes later we are even in chips. I catch a cold run of cards and can’t fight him off. I steal a few more hands and I have him 10,000 to 5,000. Then the hand that wins’s it. I’m in the big blind. He calls, I have Jack 10, I check, the flop is Ace, King, Queen, rainbow. I check, and he goes all in. I call. He slow played pocket Queens. My straight hold up and I win. The whole game lasted almost 2 hrs. Here’s the crazy part. I look at the screen where it tells you how much you won; it says “Congratulations, $250.00 has been added to your account. What??? $250.00, this has to be a mistake. I look, I accidentally signed up for a $50.00 Sit & Go. I won $250.00. Even after typing all of this I’m still in shock!!! I put in $50.00 and now my account has a balance of $260.00. I have never played a sit & go for more than a $20.00 buy in. I just played my game and I beat some very good players. Wow, I’m still on cloud nine. It’s the most I’ve ever won at a poker game. I have to get up in 3 hours and I can’t sleep.

No comments: