Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mistake That Pays Off

After all the Mother's Day stuff I thought I would play a online sit & go. I got into a limit tournament by mistake. I usually play no limit. I won the tournament. First time I ever finished in the money in a limit tournament. I had some good hands. The hand of the night was a hand I wasn't in. There were 3 of us left. I fold, small blind calls, big blind checks. The flop came king, queen, jack of spades, both players checked. The turn was the 10 of spades. All of a sudden they both go crazy. Bet, raise, reraise, reraise, and call. The river is an ace of hearts. Same thing, until one is all in. Cards flip up. One guy has a 9 of spades for a straight flush; the other has the ace of spades for a royal flush. Now I'm heads up with a slight chip lead. I know I'm going to win. Why? Because he just used all his luck on the last hand. We were trading the chip lead for awhile until my king high straight beat his jack high straight. Then I had him 5 to 1 in chips. It only took me 3 more hands to finish him off. I had pocket 7's he raised with Ace queen. I put him all in and caught a 7 on the flop for the win. The account now stands at $41.00. That's double the amount that I started with.

No comments: