Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My First Session With Some Found Money

Well I thought I would take my twenty bucks for a test drive at the Party Poker tables. I figured I would go to the sit & go's. The cheapest is a $6.00 buy in. The first one I played in was a 6 player table. I lasted 8 hands. My trip 9's went down to a flush. Second game, another 6 player table, I was out in 5th. I forget how that ended, but I'm sure I did something dumb. I'm already down to $8.00, this is not going well. So I sign on to a 10 player $6.00 table. It was a great game. I was 1st or 2nd in chips the whole game until I pick up Ace queen of spades. I raise 3 x the blinds to 1800 and the big blind goes all in for 400 more. Cards flip up and he has a 10 - 2 of hearts. A 10 on the turn and I'm down to 2000 in chips. We get down to 4 players and I'm still 2nd in chips. I pick up kings and the chip leader goes all in with Queens. I call and he doubles me up. I lost 2 big hands and with 4 player left I was almost the short stack. I knock out the short stack with 2 pair and then the chip leader knocks out the other player. When we start heads up I have 3900 in chips and he has 16100. I catch 2 quick double ups and become the chip leader. 3 hands later I pick up ace king. I call and he goes all in. I call, he has king - queen. I win and end up with $27.00 in my account. I signed off up seven dollars. Stay tuned.

No comments: