Sunday, May 14, 2006

Art's Game

The one thing I don't like about Art's game is the blinds always double. To me this means when it gets near the end it's more about gambling and less about poker. I got into this huge hand early in the game. The blinds were 100 / 200 I was delt a king jack of clubs. 3 other players limped in, the guy before me who I've played with before and loves to raise small pocket pairs raised to 600, I called and the other 3 limpers called. The flop was king, king, 4. All 4 check to me and I bet out 1500. 3 fold and the original raiser calls. Now I'm afraid He might have ace king, or king queen. The turn was a 6, He checks, I bet 1000, he reraises me to 1500. Which told me he wanted a call. Also, for some reason I knew the 6 hit his hand hard. So if he had pocket sixes he would have a full house to my trip kings. It was only 500 to call so the pot odds were there, I call. The turn is a king!!!! He checks to me and I go all in. I could see the color run out of his face. He only has 1500 chips left. After a few minutes of him staring at me and I tried to look as strong as I could so he thought I was weak, he folded his pocket sixes face up. There were 17 players who started the game. I made the final table of 8 with a medium chip stack. The blinds were at 1000 / 2000 when we got to 6 players and I was down to 6000. I made a couple of all in bluffs to stay alive, the blinds went to 2000 / 4000 I was in the big blind with a 2 8 offsuit and had to fold to an all in bet. Next round I had 6000 chips left and in the big blind when the small blind went all in. I picked up queen 8 of spades and had to make my stand. He had a ace 8 of clubs. His ace high held up and I was out in 5th place. If I folded my 4000, The blinds went up and I would have been in the small blind for another 4000. To be honest, I should have been out much earlier. I was pulling off some huge bluffs at the final table when everyone tighten up. I felt like I played well. The game was going to end about 11:00 pm. I knew if I stayed for next game I would not get home until 3:00am and with it being Mother's Day I knew I would be in for a rough day so I called it a night.

No comments: