Monday, March 27, 2006

Poker after happy hour

Do you ever play with someone that the more they drink the more dangerous they play. Well that happen Friday night. You can't get a read on them. The funnier thing is the more they drink, the more they win. The player I'm talking about... well you can get a look at him in my photos, he's the one with the pot on his head. He was at a happy hour before the game and brought some of his favorite brewed beverages with him. I had a hand early in the game where he raised out 1/3 of his stack. I had Ace King and wanted to put him to the test so I went all in. Now I don't recommend this against a sober player, but we was making loose raises in the game before so I felt this was a good play. He calls with Ace Queen, beautiful, He has 3 outs. I'm about 85% to win the hand and knock him out. Ya think??? Nahhh, he catches a queen on the turn and now I'm down to 325 chips. I battled back, got close to the chip lead and then I went on a cold run of cards like you couldn't believe. I ended up finishing in 5th. The only reason I finish that high was I kept talking people into calling our drunken friend who was knocking them out like Dick Chaney on a quail hunt. My favorite quote of the night was a victim who said, "I can't believe I just lost all my chips to someone wearing a pot on his head." Poker, it's a funny game.

No comments: